How to register a .app
- We recommend Google’s registrar! Google owns .app, they’re a trustworthy/reliable registrar, pricing is only $14/year (more for some premium names), and they offer free SSL certificates.
Interested in a .app domain that is forwarded to thefutureis.app?
- Sometimes domain owners email us to let us know which domains are forwarded to our site so that they can be put to use by an interested founder.
- If you’re interested in a forwarded domain, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know if we can connect you to the owner.
What to do if the domain you want is already registered, and we can’t connect you to the owner
- A great resource to start with is dofo.com. This site will tell you if a domain is available to register, or if it’s for sale on any of the various domain name exchanges.
- If that doesn’t work, contact the registrar where the owner registered the domain. You can find this by looking up the domain on the ICANN site.
- If the registrar won’t connect you, you can try emailing the domain owner at contactprivacy.email
- Finally, if nothing else works, you can hire a domain broker at one of the major registrars to reach out for you. GoDaddy, for example, offers this service, but they charge a fee plus a commission to do it.
Have another question about .app?